We offer the largest range of launch service in the area. Our launch operates from late spring into fall and runs nights every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and all day Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays (see full schedule below). There is no fee for launch usages as your annual dues support this valuable service. Our launch makes over a thousand trips each summer so we ask that you have all your crew members present before venturing out to your boat. Tipping of the launch driver is at your discretion.
Launch service begins the Friday of Memorial Day weekend with the following schedule:
Tuesday & Thursday 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Friday 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
After Labor Day weekend through Columbus Day weekend the launch operates at a reduced schedule with the following hours:
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 2:00pm until dusk
Saturday & Sunday 9:00am until dusk
Rules and Etiquette
- Those requesting and utilizing the KPYC launch service do so at their own risk and agree to hold harmless The Kittery Point Yacht Club, its Board of Directors, officers, employees and members from any and all damage, loss or injury resulting from said launch service.
- Launch capacity is limited to six (6) passengers.
- The ‘No Open Container’ rule is in effect at all times.
- Directions of the launch driver with respect to seating positions, trim of the boat, embarking, debarking, and any other safety related issues are to be followed without exception.
- In the interest of better service and efficiency, the launch driver may at his/her discretion, and not exceeding launch capacity, take aboard individuals, parties traveling to the same or nearby destination regardless of their position in the queue awaiting launch service.
- All members and guests will maintain decorum that is conducive to good order and is considerate of others.
- Unaccompanied non-members and guests will be afforded launch service to a member’s boat provided that member is already on board his/her vessel.
- Launch operates from late spring into fall and runs Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday nights from 2:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays the launch service runs from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Please plan accordingly and make the necessary alternative transportation arrangements as may be required.
- Comments, complaints, issues, or suggestions on any aspect of the Club operations should be directed to any Director, the House Committee Chairperson, or the Commodore. Names and contact information are posted here and on the Club bulletin board.